Shipping, Store, and Privacy Policies
The Yin Yang House ships packages within the US and internationally. Although only orders shipping within the US can use our cart checkout.
All international orders (outside the US) must submit an international order request and you will be sent a customized invoice - you cannot checkout with the cart.
Domestic orders are shipped within 1-3 business days from the time you placed your order and are all shipped via USPS priority mail (3-5 business days). International orders may take up to 4 business days to ship. We use flat rate shipping based on total order price. Our domestic (within the US) rates are as follows:
- $0 - $74.99 order is charged $8 for shipping
- $75+ shipping is free.
International shipping rates will vary, but we generally still use USPS priority mail.
- Due to the unique nature of our products and the potential for tampering, there are no refunds accepted. You should be certain of what you are ordering before completing your order.
- While for select people we do offer paid online consultations we greatly prefer and feel it is in your best interest to work with a practitioner locally.
- Herbal Notice: *Pian?, Wan?: Wan means ball and Pian means tablet. Additionally formulas may end with dan, tang, or san. As an example, "You Gui Wan" and "You Gui Pian" are the -exact- same formula. In activeherb products we will primarily ship pian, unless we only have wan in stock. Most other formulas are available in wan only and most of the larger more concentrated herbs are in capsules. If you have a very specific need you should contact us before placing your order.
- For most "wan/pian" formulas we use one of two major suppliers and will ship what we have in stock. We try to keep our product description and graphics up to date, but for products with supply issues the picture and/or description may vary from the product shipped. While the brands we use are clinically similar in our opinion, if you have a very strong need for a particular brand, please contact us in advance before ordering. On the site we often use wan in our formula names, regardless of the pill type, as it is a common way to describe a formula.
- Ingredients of the formulas that are linked to on our theory site are only examples of what is traditionally included. Each manufacturer takes their own liberties in formulating their version of the formula as they seem appropriate based on their clinical experience, availability of herbs (which can be affected by growing seasons, shortages, etc.), environmental sensitivity of herbs (replacing certain ingredients for more environmentally appropriate herbs), and other factors. If you need a precise ingredient list, please contact us before ordering.
- We will not guarantee delivery of any international shipment. We rarely have problems but if your package is returned to us for any reason you will be responsible for the cost of shipping as well as the cost of any damaged goods. If your package is lost you will not receive a refund for the products or the shipping cost.
- The Yin Yang House is committed to privacy and security for all of our clients. Because we respect your right to privacy, we have developed a Privacy Statement as indicated below.
- Personal Information:
- Under no circumstances do we transfer your email address to any other company, nor do we collect any personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs.
- There are two ways you can provide us with and consent to our collection of certain personal information:
- E-mail Request - Links throughout our site provide you with the opportunity to contact us via e-mail to ask questions, request information and materials, or provide comments and suggestions. You may also be offered the opportunity to have one of our staff members contact you personally to provide additional information about our products or services. To do so, we may request additional personal information from you, such as your name and telephone number, to help us satisfy your request.
- Enrollment - You may choose to enroll for one of our products or services where we will request certain information from you. Depending on the type of product or service that you request, you may be asked to provide different personal information. For certain products and services, we may require your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and credit card number. Other products and services may require different or supplemental information from you in order to apply.
- Statistical Information About Your Visit
- Information obtained while visiting our site does not identify you personally, but rather records information about a visit to our site. We may monitor statistics such as how many people visit our site, which pages people visit, and which browsers people use. We use these statistics about your visit to help us improve the performance of our web site and over all user experience.
Legal Notices, Site Usage and Product Descriptions:
- We recommend in all cases that you consult with a trusted health care professional before taking any nutritional supplements or discontinuing any medication.
- Products carried by Yin Yang House Inc are not offered as a treatment or cure for any medical conditions. All information contained within the entire Yin Yang House web site and subsites is provided for educational and informational purposes only.
- All information on all product descriptions whether by Yin Yang House Inc and/or its employees and/or its associated manufacturers and/or distributors, has not been evaluated by the FDA, and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease, nor should it be used as a therapeutic modality or as a substitute for your own physician's advice. The information presented herein should not be construed as the practice of medicine.
- The Yin Yang House is not responsible for misuse and/or abuse of any product sold as a result of consumer(s) using these web sites, nor is the Yin Yang House responsible for any problem(s) or difficulty which may arise though consumer use of any product sold by Yin Yang House Inc. Prior to ordering products from the Yin Yang House, please consult your physician, acupuncturist or any nutritive professional if you have any concerns and/or questions about the advisability of using any product(s). This notice is linked to from the majority of pages on the Yin Yang House website. Ordering products from the Yin Yang House constitutes consumer acceptance of the terms of this notice.
- Yin Yang House Inc is not responsible for errors, typographical or otherwise, within our web sites. Prices and product availability are subject to change without notice.
Store Policies and Information
Required FDA Notice: All statements made regarding the products listed on our site have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from healthcare practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act requires this notice.